Moses Roses and Alamo Trust agreed on the process for the final offer, which was to include ‘projected lost income’. RSI, the appraisal company selected calculated this at $5m+.
Now, a whistleblower has alleged that Alamo Trust threatened not to pay RSI if they left it in and directed them to reduce it, something they previously agreed to pay.
End Result? A low-ball offer, which didn’t follow the terms of what Vince and the Alamo Trust had previously agreed to.
Start writing the city attorney Andy Segovia and Deborah Klein. Tell them DO NOT CONDEMN Moses Roses on Monday 5/8, until a call between all parties with appraisal company, RSI and Associates, occurs so we can find out the truth about the appraisal!
Additionally, contact RSI & Associates here: email@example.com
As the saying goes, a person’s home is their castle. Add a person’s business to that saying too. What happens when the government wants to take our castle away? Eminent domain is the legal process that allows governments to take private property many times without the just compensation given to the property owner.
It’s time for property owners to draw the line and take a stand against eminent domain abuse. Here are steps you can take to protect your property and your rights. PLEASE DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN in the next 10 days. Time is of the essence!
At the end of the day, we are fighting to ensure that Vince Cantu and his family are fairly represented and treated by the government. If he chooses not to sell, that right should be respected. If the city needs his property badly enough, they should make him an offer that will adequately compensate him for sacrificing his property and his future.
- Vince Cantu’s plea HERE
Actions for San Antonians:
Contact Your San Antonio District Rep:
- Find your city council representative here Once the map pulls them up, click on their name to get to their website with their contact info.
- If it is DISTRICT 2 or DISTRICT 5: Tell them THANK YOU for voting against eminent domain
- If it DISTRICT 1 (the district representing Moses Rose’s Hideout), 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10: Tell them that you DO NOT SUPPORT eminent domain, and you are UPSET at them for voting to authorize eminent domain. Tell them that you expect them to PROTECT THEIR CONSTITUENTS from the actions of the government. Tell them you want them to walk eminent domain back, and that this issue will affect your vote for their position in the next election.
- Phone numbers for San Antonio city officers
Contact Mayor Ron Niremburg:
- (210) 207-7107 phone
- (210) 207-4168 fax
- Tell the mayor that you do not support his use of eminent domain
- Tell him that you expect him as the mayor to stand up for the citizens of San Antonio and protect them from harmful government actions. It is HIS responsibility to consider the WELFARE of the VOTERS he REPRESENTS against powerful government interests. Tell him that you DEMAND he roll back eminent domain and that the Alamo Plan MUST consider alternate plans that do not rely on Moses Roses
Actions for Texans:
Call your Texas House Representative:
- Find your representative by inputting your address here.
- Clicking on their name will lead you to their phone number and a link to their website.
- Call them and tell them to support TX House Joint Resolution 81 by Rep Mike Schofield (HD132) (HJR 81 would amend TXCON article 1, section 17(b) to prohibit any eminent domain for transfer to a private entity for any reason, removing the development/tax qualification)
Contact Governor Greg Abbott:
- (512) 463-2000
- Click HERE to send an email.
- Tell Governor Abbott to SUPPORT HJR 81 which will PROHIBIT eminent domain to be used to transfer property to a private entity for ANY reason.
- Tell Governor Abbott to put pressure on the GLO to explore alternate plans that do not require the use of Moses Rose’s Hideout. Not even a reasonable effort has been made at this.
Call Attorney General Ken Paxton:
- Click HERE to send an email.
- Remind him that sec 2206.001 (b) notes that “A governmental or private entity may not take private property through the use of eminent domain if the taking: … (3) is for economic development purposes, unless the economic development is a secondary purpose resulting from municipal community development or municipal urban renewal activities to eliminate an existing affirmative harm on society from slum or blighted areas under…”
- The Alamo Trust has made it very clear that, without Moses Roses Hideout, the economics and financials make the project unviable
Contact Lt. Governor Dan Patrick:
- (512) 463-0001
- Click HERE to send an email.
Call Texas Land Commissioner Dawn Buckingham:
- 1.800.998.4GLO (4456)
- Contact them daily HERE to send an email.
- “I spend a whole lotta time fighting for the underdog. If there’s a David-side to that David/Goliath fight, I’m always on that David side” –@DrBuckinghamTX, the current Goliath against @MosesRose1836, the David side.
- “I am currently the president of my corporate ranching entity and believe we must fight against eminent domain.” –@DrBuckinghamTX
- Our Texas Land Commissioner is the prime executor of this eminent domain action while she grandstands on the spirit of Texas and the Alamo.
- Dawn Buckingham’s Twitter
- 1-888-456-3962 is the number for waste and abuse. This qualifies as both.
Actions for Everyone:
Sign the change.org petition
- Tell the Governor and attorney general to stop eminent domain abuse at the Alamo. Sign the Petition HERE and share it!
Write to newspapers, Call Television Stations and Radio Shows
- Voice your concerns with eminent domain. BE the public voice you want to hear.
Write Eminent Domain Legislation to protect citizens:
- Use the ballot measure process to get local, county, and state legislation that enhances the protections of property owners against eminent domain abuse
- Require that eminent domain be a measure of last resort
- Require that eminent domain fully compensate property owners for real property value, unrealized future property value, and loss of economic benefit from the use of the property. Even if the property has only sentimental value, forcing someone to give it up before they are ready requires an incentive.
- Require all government actions of eminent domain to secure the vote of the people in the next election.
- LPBexar’s link tree: https://linktr.ee/LPBexar
- Follow for updates to stay informed
- Share posts to help spread the word
Support Vince Cantu
- Support Vince Cantu and patron Moses Rose’s Hideout
Spread the Word
- Reach out to friends/family and ensure that they are aware of the issue, encourage them to do all of the above, stay up to date with the case
- Share THIS DOCUMENT with them so that they can also take action
Mens COME AND TAKE IT Moses Roses Hideout T-Shirt